UW–Madison considers building diversity as essential to its future. In 2008, the campus adopted the 10-year UW–Madison Plan specifically targeted to building a diverse community, the result of an entire academic year of intense discussion and planning by a large number of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community representatives.
New or rededicated efforts have been launched in cultural linguistic services, domestic partnerships, faculty hiring, and equity. The campus has joined 15 other area employers through the Madison Area Diversity Roundtable in launching Spectrum, a recruitment and resource guide for new, current, and potential residents.
- Community Events
- Cultural and Ethnic Resources
- Cultural Linguistic Services
- Creating Community
- Leadership Institute
- Multicultural Student Center
- Office for Equity and Diversity
- Office of Multicultural Arts Initiative
- Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate
- Women in Science and Engineering Leadership Institute